Although an apparent stable start of the mango season in India, the availability of raw material Totapuri mango is exacerbating. Less fruit is available which resulted in price increases for fresh mango by 25% as compared to the last year crop levels. And as we are approaching end of the processing season the likelihood of price easing is very low. Moreover product availability most likely will be an issue as shortage is looming.
If you have not covered your needs for IQF Mango dices or aseptic puree or Totapuri mango concentrate yet, it is recommendable to do so soon.
2016 has showed us a better crop apricot in Greece compared with last year. This does not go for the aseptic apricot puree and aseptic puree concentrate from Spain.
We just received our first truck IQF Apricot 10×10 from Greece at our warehouse Frigo Breda. Check with us for prices spread delivery until new crop 2017.
The Asian Lychee crop has just started. Like previous years, it is quiet uncertain how prices will develop. China used to be one of Netra’s sources, but due to increasing consumption of lychees by Chinese themselves, Vietnam is our most important source for IQF Lychees.
The two largest Vietnamese lychee-growing areas are the provinces of Bac Giang and Hai Duong. Growers in these two provinces are expecting to harvest a total of 200,000 MT of fresh lychees according to the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency. The Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade states that about 60 percent of the crop (120,000 MT), will be sold domestically. The remaining 40 percent (80,000 MT), including 85% of fresh fruits and 15 percent of dried and frozen fruits, are set aside for export to a number of foreign markets like Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, the U.S., Australia, Japan, South Korea, and off course, to us, Europe.
Over the past weeks, growers in Luc Ngan District, a lychee ‘hotpot’ in Bac Giang, have had their hands full reaping their fruits to make sure they are harvested in their prime time – which lasts only three or four weeks –. One Lychee grower states on a local market: “Prices fluctuate notably depending on farmers, areas, and when the fruits are purchased. My lychees were priced VND14,000 [US$0.7] per kilogram this morning, but they are likely to drop to a mere VND8,000 per kilogram this afternoon,”
He was carrying a bulky lychee load of some 100 kilograms for the sale. Just imagine how many growers are necessary to fill up one container load of 23 MT. Off course our factories have all sort of suppliers, differentiating form the very small once like here above to the larger more professionally equipped farms.
Netra Agro can offer depitted IQF Lychees from this new crop.
Netra Agro’s Vietnamese Pineapple suppliers have informed they are confronted with the most extreme shortage of raw pineapple material in the zone of the Mekong River Delta for years. The continuing draught is causing fierce saline intrusion which effects crops. Locals claim they have not seen this kind of conditions for over 100 years of history.
The transformation of nature is causing bad crops of many different agricultural products in the whole Mekong River Delta zone. Whether this change is temporally, because it is effected by El Niño, or if it is for longer term because of climate change remains uncertain. Fact is 2016 is the third year in a row we see shortage of pineapple.
The Mekong is a trans-boundary river in Southeast Asia. It is the world’s 12th-longest river and the 7th-longest in Asia. Its estimated length is 4,350 km (2,703 mi), and it drains an area of 795,000 km2 (307,000 sq mi), discharging 457 km3 (110 cu mi) of water annually.
The situation of our Thai pineapple supply seems to be worse than our previous expectation. The fruit price has rebounded again and the availability of pineapple dropped down drastically. For this reason the winter crop will not be as good as previous expected.
In case you need quantity of aseptic pineapple coarse crush, aseptic pineapple fine crush and / or aseptic pineapple puree, please contact us.
In a few weeks, the new mango season in India will start again. According to recent information, temperatures are extremely high this year. This has a negative influence on the upcoming crop.
Nevertheless it seems fruit quality will still be better than last year due to rain during the flowering season.
The total volume of the crop will be determined in the upcoming weeks depending on the weather. We expect first offers at the beginning of May 2016.